As you have already noticed, I’m Andrés Merizalde, sapiens, designer, investor, reader, stoic apprentice, gardener, father, and master-of-none, among other things. Basically, I curious guy seeking for purpose and having fun in a yet to discover world.
Lately and professionally, I enjoy designing and crafting digital experiences, products and services for making people’s life easier.
Some call me UX/UI Designer, others Product Designer or just Designer. An authentic problem solver!
I believe in the democratizing role of design and its transforming power. I am proud to be part of this great challenge.
So, how can I help you?
As I mentioned before, my path until this right moment has been long and plenty of experience in several fields, let me show you some of those moments.
You should be thinking about the whole experience. Nowadays, there are several touchpoints with your users/consumers. Ensure the experience in each Touchpoint is great and you will be followed, admired and loved!
I’m sorry! I can’t help you with that, even thought I can do a lot of things, let me tell a secret:
“Unicorns doesn’t exist”,
“Ninjas are not very social”
and trust me, you don’t need a “pixel-perfect designer”.
Do you really need someone for winning awards?;
or you rather need someone to trust and think in your users, consider stakeholders’ needs and make the world a better and easier place?
Such a brilliant question, let me give 5 reasons:
- I’m very curious guy. Really, I am!
Professionally, I have explored several design fields, from brand design or 3D design, to focus on Product Design, Service Design and Accessibility. Personally, we could talk long hours about the crypto – economy, investments, gardening, Wes Anderson films, documentaries, self-improvement books, stoicism and especially the true reality behind being father.
- I’m a fast learner. And connected with curiosity, I’m able to learn very fast from different fields. As a Consultant and Design Lead I have learned about several products, services and company mindsets in order to understand better users, stakeholder and business needs.
- I’m highly organized. These past years I’ve been able to work, live, study and raise two beautiful girls without losing my mind. In order to achieve that I have developed some tips: keep things as simple as you can, meditate, read, have fun, communicate, share, workout (at least trying), give things the importance they really have, organize and track tasks, set reminders, and Kaizen: try to be 1% better every day.
- I’m resilient, fearless and proactive. In my life I have been trough several problems. Imagine the path of a guy from the middle of the Andes, to live and work in Europe on solving complex problems for making other people life’s easier. I don’t wait till things to come to me, I go towards them. If something could be improved, why not do so?
- I’m motivated. Sometimes more than what I should. I believe we should seek for purpose in life. I’m ready to try, to fail, to learn and to make every action needed for a better professional and specially, a better person.